Friday, August 05, 2005

KITTY!!!

Every once in a while someone will see Diamond for the first time in their lives, and shout, "Kittyyyyyyyyyy!!!" in a very undignified manner and attract unnecessary attention abnd all that jazz. Once, Bekkah and I went out for two hours and we decided to count how many times we'd hear it. 47 times in two hours. 47!!! No wonder I go deaf to it. Well okay no, it isn't as bad as the time in late August 2001 when I was driving down Glenn Terrell Mall headed towards Murrow hall. Three girls were approaching me, all shoulder to shoulder, two blondes and one brunette. The brunette in the middle lights up, points and Diamond and says, "Oh look at the pup... KITTY!"

*Facepalm*
I did my very best to keep a straight face and not stare back at them as we passed one another, but once I was far enough away I'm pretty sure I dragged my jaw on the sidewalk for a couple hundred feet, or laughed my butt off, or both. I'm sorry, but NO: if you can't tell a kitty from a puppy, you need to be exprelled from our fair University and re-apply. This ain't the U-Dubb, you know. ;-)

So yes, you guessed it from the previous post, you knew it was coming. Last spring, someone walked past me and said, "Kitty!" while I was with a group of at least three or four friends. Feeling particularly silly that afternoon, I muttered, "Chihuahua." under my breath. (It was actually the second or third time I had done it, but the first time while I was with friends.)

L: (LOUDLY) "Did you just call Diamond a chichuchua!?" All of my friends busted up into hysterical, shocked laughter. The next time someone said "Kitty!", H's husband said "Chihuahua," and it has stuck ever since.

I love the baffled looks I get. ;-)

No comments: