Thursday, August 04, 2005

The name of the journal, "Secret Service Cat," comes from an old joke. A couple of years ago a friend of mine, Bekah, lived here in Pullman. One of the jokes we developed about Diamond was based on dozens and dozens of people approaching me and asking, usually in a nervous voice, "Excuse me ma'am, but what does your service animal do?"

Usually when no one was around, (usually) we'd take turns asking each other that question and making up prank answers. One of my first ones was,

"Excuse me ma'am, but what does your service animal do?"
"Diamond is a member of the C.I.A. and is not at liberty to discuss his current assignment."

Plus, the great majority of people, particularly in a small town such as Pullman, WA, aren't accustomed to cats as service animals. I do believe there are more service felines in the bigger cities. Hence, the "secret" part.

You're welcome to play the game too in comments!

Excuse me, but what does your service animal do??

No comments: