Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Hurricane Katrina and Animals

The past seven or eight days have been, of course, a nightmare because of events down on the Gulf Coast.

I've been intentionally avoiding anything having to do with animals that don't involve my own cat, because if I focus on helping the local Red Cross I feel empowered, but if I think about those sweet, innocent animals, cats, dogs, whatever, I know I'll collapse into a blubbering mess. For me its just like if you took 10,000 newborn babies and filled the maternity ward where their incubators were with water and threatened to drown them. They're INNOCENTS. They can't help themselves or others, and it just breaks, I mean BREAKS my heart.

So here's a secure link for you:
Help pets Hurt by Katrina. Please donate to the Humane Society of the United States Disaster Rescue Teams today.

PLEASE HELP THEM.

No comments: