Saturday, September 24, 2005

Pet Emergency Preparedness.

The Red Cross sells a Pet First Aid Kit in their web store or at your local Red Cross office, so I've marked it down in my planner to buy one of those soon. You may not know it, but you can also purchase pet insurance, and that's on my list, too. First however, in October I'm going to have Diamond microchipped. (Boy is he going to be mad about THAT shot.) I found out in April that it only costs $25 at my vet clinic, and after everything I've seen this month, I'm getting it done.

I really, REALLY don't know what I'd do if I lost Diamond. Last week I read this blog post from Interdictor's accounts on Live Journal where one of the guys got his cat rescued and brought back to him, and in it he calls his cat, "My little man." It just about broke my heart because that's what I call Diamond, too.

I also need to drop by one of the local Fire Department and buy one of those shiny silver and red stickers you can put on your windows that reads "I have ___ cats in this home that need to be rescued in case of a fire!" as soon as I have the money. (Yes, of course they have one for dogs, too.) Not that Diamond's EVER home alone since he goes wherever I go, but I'd rather not risk it.

No comments: